Kerala Govt Suspends IPS Officer Jacob Thomas for His Anti-administration Statements
“The government is acting irresponsibly.... The law and order situation in the state has collapsed,” said the officer.
File photo of Kerala IPS officer Jacob Thomas.
Thiruvananthapuram: Senior IPS officer Jacob Thomas, known for his anti-corruption crusades, has been suspended by the Kerala government for making statements against the administration and law & order situation.
Last week, during a seminar, Thomas said that no one knew the actual number of fishermen who died or were missing because of Cyclone Ockhi. “The government is acting irresponsibly.... The law and order situation in the state has collapsed,” said the officer.
He added that people were afraid to raise their voice against corruption in the state and those who did were forcefully shut down.
The state government said it decided to suspend the officer for breaching the code of conduct.
Thomas had enjoyed the backing of Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan when the LDF came to power in 2016. He was assigned as the director of vigilance and anti-corruption bureau. Later, the IPS officer was given the post of Institute of Management in Government (IMG) director.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Motorola TV With Android TV 9.0 Launched: Price, Features, and More
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Is Facebook Ready For TV Battles With Netflix, Apple TV+ and Amazon Video?
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'