Kerala Live Interactive Map: One-Stop Guide for Rescue, Shelter and Relief Info in Flood-hit State
Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party Arvind Kejriwal has announced that all his party MLAs, MPs and ministers will donate one month's salary for Kerala flood relief work.
Kerala is facing its worst flood in 100 years with nearly 324 people losing their lives and over 3.14 lakh residents being moved to relief camps. The grim situation has not only led to several central and state agencies joining hands for rescue operations, but has also drawn international attention with the UAE forming a national emergency committee to provide relief assistance. As people pray for the flood-ravaged state and help pours in from every corner, here's one-stop guide for all the information required — helpline number, rescue centres, food and water and other essentials.
Top 10 developments of the hour:
1. Delhi Chief Minister and Aam Aadmi Party Arvind Kejriwal has announced that all his party MLAs, MPs and ministers will donate one month's salary for Kerala flood relief work.
2. Nurses Union of AIIMS Delhi is collecting essential medicines and relief items. Its general secretary said that the Indian Navy will airlift their relief items (donated by Delhi residents) at midnight.
3. Thiruvananthapuram MP and Congress leader Shashi Tharoor hit out at the Centre, saying that relief assistance was reaching the state but it was for those already rescued. "I trust that @PMOIndia will urgently deploy more army, navy , airforce & NDRF to Kerala. Rescue is the priority. @indiannavy helicopters are doing a great job. For many, today is the last chance to be saved alive. Relief assistance is coming but that's for those already rescued (sic)," he tweeted.
4. The weather seems to be worsening again with the red alert back in 11 of the 14 districts after rekindling hope for a few hours when the alert was brought down to two zones. A fresh rain forecast has been issued due to low pressure over Bay of Bengal.
5. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has announced an aid of Rs 10 crores for the flood-hit state from Bihar Chief Minister Relief Fund.
6. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has said that it is not the time for blame game. "We are getting all possible help. Air Marshall has promised more helicopters and have told the government that we need more help," he said.
7. Lauding authorities for their efforts to rescue flood-hit residents of Kerala, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, "I salute the people of Kerala for their fighting spirit. I would also like to appreciate the wide support and solidarity from people across India towards Kerala during this unprecedented situation," he said in a tweet.
8. A special train carrying drinking water for flood-affected residents to Kerala is set to leave from Pune today. While rakes of 14 trains with drinking water is being sent from Pune, 15 rakes of mail will set off from Gujarat's Ratlam.
9. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) DG Sanjay Kumar said that 58 teams are deployed in Kerala. "We have all the equipment in place. The relief material is being sent to all districts. Seven thousand people have been evacuated by us and 150 people, who were in emergency, have been saved," he said.
10. Congress President Rahul Gandhi has asked PM Narendra Modi to declare Kerala floods a 'national disaster without any delay'. "Dear PM, Please declare #Kerala floods a National Disaster without any delay. The lives, livelihood and future of millions of our people is at stake (sic)," he tweeted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Gulzar, Poonam Dhillon Attend Khayyam's Prayer Meet; Kapil Sharma Accused of Disrespecting Women
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Camera That Clicked San Francisco’s Fog Enveloped Golden Gate Bridge is Shutting Down
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common