Kerala Man Dies after Cop Throws Him in front of Moving Car Over Parking Row
The victim, Sanal, sustained severe injuries in the incident and died later at a hospital, police officials said.
Image used for representation.
Thiruvananthapuram: A 32-year-old man was killed after being pushed in front of a moving car allegedly by a senior police officer at Neyyatinkara, the police said on Tuesday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) (Neyyatinkara) B Harikumar, who is on the run, has been suspended and a case registered against him under Section 302 of the IPC (murder), they said.
The victim, Sanal, sustained severe injuries in the incident and died later at a hospital, officials said. Trouble broke out on Monday night after Harikumar asked Sanal to move his car which he had parked on the side of the road.
A scuffle ensued during which the official pushed Sanal in front of a moving car, local residents told television channels.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said in Kozhikode that the official has been suspended as the complaint was of a serious nature. An assistant superintendent of police (ASP) will probe the case, he said.
Harikumar, who was not in uniform, had come to a house in the locality, locals said.
A large number of people blocked the road where the incident occurred Monday night and demanded that the police official be immediately arrested.
Recommended For You
- Chris Hemsworth's Thor 4 Gets Official Title, Release Date; Natalie Portman to Star as Female Thor
- Nach Baliye 9: Prince Breaks Down As Wife Yuvika Informs Salman Khan About His Brother's Death
- Daughter Disowns Trophy-Hunting Dad Who Kissed Partner Beside Slain Lion
- WWE Star Triple H Has a Special Gift for the Cricket World Cup Winning Team England
- PUBG Mobile: Here are Top Five Features Added With Season 8