Kerala Man Dies of Burn Injuries After Saving Wife from Fire at Home in UAE
Anil Ninan, who hails from Kerala, sustained 90 per cent burn injuries in the fire on Monday last week. His wife Neenu also suffered injuries in the incident, however, her condition is said to be stable.
Image for representation.
Dubai: A 32-year-old Indian man has died in the UAE after sustaining severe burn injuries in his bid to save his wife from a fire at their home in Abu Dhabi last week, according to a media report on Monday.
Anil Ninan, who hails from Kerala, sustained 90 per cent burn injuries in the fire on Monday last week, reported the Khaleej Times. His wife Neenu also suffered injuries in the incident, however, her condition is said to be stable.
"This is a difficult time for us. His wife Neenu is still recovering at the hospital. She is safe. But, all of us are shocked at his death," a close relative was quoted in the report.
It is suspected a short circuit caused the fire at Ninan's home.
"We do not know the exact details. But Neenu first caught fire while she was in the corridor. Anil, who was in the bedroom, ran to his wife and was trying to save her when the flames spread to him," Sojan Thomas, vicar of St Thomas Mar Thoma Church in Ras Al Khaimah, told the daily.
The couple, who has a four-year-old son, was rushed to the Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital in Umm al Quwain and was later shifted to Mafraq hospital in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday for critical care.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 8 Gets A+ Rating by DisplayMate, 120Hz Refresh Rate Expected
- Tiger Shroff Recreates Action Sequence from Keanu Reeves’ Matrix, Watch Impressive Video Here
- Jalandhar Residents Wake up to View of Himalayan Range as COVID-19 Lockdown Leaves Air Cleaner
- Saif Ali Khan is Coaxing Kareena Kapoor to Teach Him Yoga During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Shah Rukh Khan's Humble Replies to Arvind Kejriwal and Aditya Thackeray Win Hearts