Kerala Man Found Hanging Outside Home After Facing Harassment on Valentine's Day
A 23-year-old young man was found hanging outside his house in Palakkad district of Kerala late on Thursday evening after he was allegedly harassed by miscreants on Valentine's Day, police said.
Image for representation.
Thiruvananthapuram: A 23-year-old young man was found hanging outside his house in Palakkad district of Kerala late on Thursday evening after he was allegedly harassed by miscreants on Valentine's Day, police said.
On February 14, the man and his female friend were assaulted and harassed near a beach in Kollam by a group of 5 men on Valentine's Day.
Based on the couple's police complaint, five men were arrested in Kollam. The gang of men had videotaped the couple, asking the woman obscene and humiliating questions and circulated the video on social media.
The incident occurred when the woman, in the absence of a public toilet at the beach, went to a nearby bushy area to relieve herself.
The gang tried to assault the woman and when her 23-year-old friend stepped in to defend her, he too was attacked by the miscreants.
All the five accused in the moral policing case is in judicial custody. Kollam police arrested them immediately after the complaint.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Says He is Ready For a Coffee Date with Sara Ali Khan, Asks Time and Place
- Bumrah Bowls the Best Yorker in World Cricket Currently - Akram
- Third Generation Suzuki Hayabusa Superbike Rendered, Gets Sleeker GSX Inspired Looks
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- Marvel Takes #10YearChallenge, Shares Pictures of Avengers Endgame Characters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s