Kerala Man Hits Son With Spade Handle for Failing to Score ‘A Plus’, Arrested
The boy had scored ‘A plus’ in 6 of the 10 subjects, while his father was expecting the top score in all subjects, police said.
Thiruvananthapuram: A man who allegedly hit his son with the wooden handle of a spade, angered over the boy failing to get 'A plus' in all subjects in the recently held SSLC examination, was arrested Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place Monday evening, hours after the results of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) examination results were declared.
Police said a case was registered against the 43-year-old Sabu, a casual labourer hailing from nearby Kilimanoor on the complaint of his wife and son. The mother and son came to the police station and lodged the complaint, saying that he was hit on the leg, police said.
Sabu was produced before a local court and remanded to 14 days judicial custody. The boy had scored ‘A plus’ in 6 of the 10 subjects, while his father was expecting the top score in all subjects, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport