Kerala Man Tries to Smuggle 1 Kg Gold under Wig, Caught at Kochi Airport
Noushad, a native of Malappuram, arrived at Kochi international airport from Sharjah on Friday and was held by Customs Air Intelligence officials and recovered over 1 kg from the accused.
Noushad nabbed by customs officials at Kochi airport
Kochi: In a bizarre incident, a Kerala youth was arrested by the customs department while trying to smuggle in over 1 kg gold concealing under his wig.
Noushad, a native of Malappuram, arrived at Kochi international airport from Sharjah on Friday. The Customs Air Intelligence officials who inspected him after suspicion recovered over 1 kg from his possession, The Hindu reported.
Interestingly, Noushad was hiding the gold compound under his wig. He shaved a major portion of his head to make room for the gold. The accused, as per reports, wrapped the gold in a black cover and worn a spiked wig over it to make it look real. The Customs has now launched a detailed probe into the incident.
In July this year, the story of a man trying to smuggle cocaine worth Rs 24 lakh under his wig at Barcelona airport had gone viral.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it