0/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Cops Recover Rs 9.66 Crore From Close Aide of Nun Rape Accused Franco Mulakkal
Bishop Franco Mulakkal has been accused of raping a nun several times between 2014 and 2016. He is currently out on bail.
Bishop Franco Mulakkal is released on bail in Kottayam on October 16, 2018. (PTI)
Jalandhar: A close aide of Kerala nun rape case accused, Franco Mulakkal, was detained by Punjab police on Friday.
Khanna police on Friday evening detained a close aide of Kerala nun rape case accused Franco Mulakkal, after cash worth Rs 9.66 crore was recovered from a vehicle he was travelling in.
The police said that the cash, allegedly hawala money, was being taken to Partappura near Jalandhar which is the headquarters of congregation Franciscan Missionaries of Jesus, founded by Bishop Franco.
Father Anthony, detained by Khanna Police, is the Director General of the congregation. Five others, including a woman, were also detained by the police.
Enforcement Directorate and police teams are currently investigating the unaccounted cash. All six were on their way from Jalandhar towards Ambala. T
Franco Mulakkal has been accused of raping a nun several times between 2014 and 2016. He is currently out on bail.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan