Kerala Police Arrest 47-year-old Man For Expressing Support to ISIS, JeM in Facebook Post
The police investigation had found that he had been propagating messages of communal discord through a Facebook account.
Askar was remanded after being produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court in Manjeri.
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala police on Monday arrested a 47-year-old man for expressing his support to the terrorist outfits Islamic State (ISIS) and Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) in a Facebook post. A native of Anakkayam in Manjeri, Askar was charged for encouraging communal disharmony and hatred.
The police investigation had found that he had been propagating messages of communal discord through his Facebook account. Following this, Askar was kept under close watch. Several of his posts had been in support of various other terror outfits as well. He was remanded after being produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court in Manjeri.
The arrest and investigation are carried out as directed by the district police chief in Malappuram.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar and Ananya Panday's First Looks From Pati Patni Aur Woh Revealed
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing