Kerala Girl Dies After Week-long Illness, Relatives Allege Mother Beat her For Refusing to Eat
The father of the girl child was also being interrogated.
Kollam (Kerala): A four-year-old girl died on Sunday allegedly after she was beaten by her mother for refusing to eat in Kerala's Kollam district.
The girl was taken to a hospital where she breathed her last. A case of unnatural death has been registered and the police are waiting for the post-mortem report to take further action.
The child was under treatment for fever for the past week and the initial medical report stated that the death was due to pneumonia.
Police said that while prima facie it does not look a homicide case, it will wait for the doctor's detailed report to see if the mother's act amounts to a crime under the Juvenile Justice Act.
Some relatives have alleged that the girl died after the mother, who works as a nurse, beat her. There were injury marks on the body, police said. The mother has also admitted that she did beat the child. The father of the child was also being interrogated, the cops said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhag Bhag Aaya Sher': Cricket Fans Decode Virat Kohli’s Viral Expression During Ranchi Test
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- Quinton de Kock's Reaction After Indian Fan Breaches Security to Touch His Feet is Priceless
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know