Key Panel Recommends Zurich Airport as Developer for Jewar Airport
A meeting of the project monitoring and implementation committee (PMIC) for the upcoming Greenfield International Airport in Lucknow made the recommendation to the state government.
A government notification for land acquisition for the proposed international airport in Jewar. (File photo/PTI)
Noida (UP): An Uttar Pradesh government panel on Monday recommended the selection of Zurich Airport International AG as the developer for the Jewar airport, touted to be the biggest airport in India, officials said.
A meeting of the project monitoring and implementation committee (PMIC) for the upcoming Greenfield International Airport in Lucknow made the recommendation to the state government, officials said.
"The meeting was held under the chairmanship of the chief secretary to the UP government. The PMIC has recommended the highest bidder Zurich Airport as the preferred bidder to the state government," Nodal officer for the airport project Shailendra Bhatia said.
The state cabinet will soon take the final decision on the developer, he told PTI.
The Swiss firm had on November 29 emerged as the highest bidder to develop the Jewar airport on the outskirts of Delhi, outbidding competitors like Adani Enterprises, DIAL and Anchorage Infrastructure Investments Holding.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband
- La Liga Appoints Cricketer Rohit Sharma as Brand Ambassador in India
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India