Kite String Entangled Around Neck, 3-year-old Girl Falls from Flyover and Dies in South Delhi
The girl was made to sit in front of the bike. Her uncle who lost control of the vehicle which then hit the divider and then fell off from the flyover.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
New Delhi: A three year-old-girl, who had fallen along with her uncle from the Badarpur flyover, succumbed to her injuries in South Delhi, police said Saturday.
On Thursday, Mohan (33) and Dipti were riding on a motorcycle when a manjha got entangled around his neck. He lost control of the vehicle which then hit a divider and they fell off the flyover in southeast Delhi.
While Dipti was stated to be very critical, Mohan sustained a fracture.
"It is sad that the little girl succumbed to her injuries on Friday night," a senior police officer from the southeast district.
"However, we would also like to point out that kids should not be made to sit in the front of bikes, that too without safety gear. Both victims were without safety gears in this case," the official said
The police were investigating the case from all angles and they did not find anything from the spot of the accident, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is Defending Free Speech; Yes, You Read That Right