Kolkata-bound GoAir Flight Faces Severe Air Turbulence, 2 Crew Members Injured
None of the passengers was hurt and the aircraft made a safe landing at Kolkata airport, the airlines said.
Representative photo (File Photo/Reuters)
Kolkata: Two cabin crew members suffered "minor" injuries when a Kolkata-bound GoAir flight from Bhubaneswar experienced severe air turbulence on Tuesday, the airline said. However, none of the passengers was hurt and the aircraft made a safe landing at Kolkata airport, it said.
The number of passengers on board the turbulence-hit aircraft was not immediately known.
"GoAir flight G8 761 operating on Bhubaneswar-Kolkata route experienced severe turbulence wherein two crew members suffered minor injuries and were administered medication at the dispensary at Kolkata airport," a GoAir spokesperson said in the statement. For the last two days, weather has been extremely unforgiving, the airline said.
It said the flight captain and co-pilot had a successful and safe landing at the Kolkata airport. There was no damage to the aircraft and it was thoroughly checked after landing at Kolkata airport, it said adding that the aircraft was released for subsequent flights from Kolkata later.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's 2.0 Flops in China But Bollywood Can Avoid the Mistake
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- The Largest Flying Dinosaur Was the Size of a Plane, Find Scientists
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser