Minor Raped at Her Residence Inside Army's Eastern Command Headquarter in Kolkata
The alleged incident took place inside the residence of the girl, the daughter of another employee of the Army, when her parents were not at home.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Kolkata: A minor girl was raped inside the Fort William, Indian Army's Eastern Command headquarter, and the accused was arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The accused, a Group D staff of the Army, was booked under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.
The alleged incident took place in the evening of Saturday inside the residence of the girl, the daughter of another employee of the Army, when her parents were not at home, police said.
Their residence was located at Old Bapu Lane inside the Fort William.
The accused fled after committing the crime and he was arrested on Tuesday night, police said.
When produced before a local court, the accused was sent to police custody till June 24.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana