K'taka BJP MP's Daughter, Who Returned from Guyana Via New York, Tests Positive for Virus
Ashwini, the daughter of Davangere MP GM Siddeshwara, returned to Bengaluru from Guyana via New York and New Delhi, was staying at their family home in Chitradurga district.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Bengaluru: The daughter of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP from central Karnataka tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
Davangere MP GM Siddeshwara's daughter Ashwini had returned to Bengaluru from Guyana via New York and New Delhi, and gone to their family home in Bheemasamudra in Chitradurga district.
Chitradurga Deputy Commissioner Vinothpriya R said Ashwini was accompanied by her two sons, aged eight and 14. They have also been tested but the results are yet to come.
The woman and her sons had returned to India on March 20, and was in self quarantine since then. They got themselves tested on March 22.
Until now, they have not exhibited any symptoms, and the patient is likely to be shifted to an isolated facility soon, the DC said.
Since the MP had accompanied his daughter from Delhi to Bengaluru, Siddeshwara also was also tested. His samples have tested negative so far.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Guess Who Keanu Reeves Credits For Raising 'John Wick' Bar
- Mohammad Kaif Gives a 'Handy' Tip to Avoid Catching Coronavirus With Natwest Series Clip
- Deepika Padukone Turns Masterchef For Hubby Ranveer Singh, Cooks Thai Curry
- OnePlus 8 Gets A+ Rating by DisplayMate, 120Hz Refresh Rate Expected
- Apple iPhone 11 Now Reportedly Cheaper by Rs 17,000 in China — Will India Follow Suit?