Protests have broken out against Pakistan at several places in India against Pakistan, including the country’s High Commission, against the death sentence handed to Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav on charges of “spying”.
In Parliament, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj made a statement on the matter, saying India will ensure justice for Jadhav. Parliamentary Affairs minister Ananth Kumar said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also reply in the House, but didn’t specify the time.
Stay tuned for live updates:
* Congress MP Shashi Tharoor spoke to CNN-News18 on Kulbhushan Jadhav Death sentence.
* Vienna convention and Geneva convention both have been violated in this case
* We have to drum up international community as this issue is international one this is an assault on the international law
* This is a tragic argument made by the Pakistani minister
* Indian government was caught by surprise on the Jadhav issue
* This is clear that govt of India is saying what they can say, govt does not have anything concrete
* Indian government seems to have been caught by surprise
* India will go out of the way to get justice for Kulbhushan Jadhav
* Charges against Kulbhushan Jadhav are "concocted", "farcical"
* There is no evidence of any wrongdoing by Kulbhushan Jadhav.
* This is an act of premeditated murder
* The government and people of India would view very seriously the possibility that an innocent Indian citizen is facing death sentence in Pakistan without due process and in violation of basic norms of law, justice and international relations
* I would caution the Pakistan government to consider the consequences for our bilateral relationship if they proceed on this matter
* Pakistan is doing all that to divert global attention from its activities of sponsoring terrorism in India
Click to Read: In Rare Bipartisan Cooperation, Tharoor Helps Govt Draft Statement on Jadhav
In a show of rare bipartisan cooperation, Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday helped the government draft a statement on the death sentence handed to Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav in Pakistan.
Shashi Tharoor is helping Govt to draft a statement on Kulbhushan Jadhav, which Lok Sabha may move as a resolution
Statement to be vetted by PM Modi and other parties
This is not the first time that Shashi Tharoor has helped in drafting a statement for the Govt. He had helped in the case of Lakhavi as well
Tharoor is associated with UN and his expertise comes in handy. He has been named by PM as the ambassador for Swachh Bharat
PM Sharif has told media that he was unaware about this decision. This shows Pakistan is not a civilised country, we have to deal it that situation: Subramanian Swamy to CNN-News18
Pak PM Sharif is just a dummy in the hands of the army. India should put pressures on Pak and tell them the consequences of this: Swamy
India must start working for a major conflict with Pak if Kulbhushan Jadhav is executed: Swamy
Click to Read: Be Ready to Face Fallout of Kulbhushan Jadhav's Sentence, Says Pakistan Media
File photo of Kulbhushan Jadhav Islamabad: The death sentence handed out to Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav for "spying" was on Tuesday described as "unprecedented" by the Pakistani media, with experts weighing in the diplomatic fallout of the move.
Former Pakistan MoFA Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri, refuses to comment on issue of death sentence given to Kulbhushan Jadhav.
Earlier Pakistan's High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit also evaded questions over death sentence to Kulbhushan Jadhav by Pakistan
"Will PM pickup the phone & tell Pak about the falsehood of case against Kulbhushan Jadhav as admitted by Sartaj Aziz?" Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala tweeted.
A hurried trial & pre-meditated judgement on Kulbhushan Jadhav without notice to India is symptomatic of Pak's kangaroo court justice.1/2— Randeep S Surjewala (@rssurjewala) April 11, 2017
2/3 Death sentence is a deliberate provocation to India. BJP Govt needs to travel beyond advisories. PM must intervene to secure his release— Randeep S Surjewala (@rssurjewala) April 11, 2017
3/3 India needs to immediately mount a International diplomatic offensive to free Kulbhushan Jadhav.— Randeep S Surjewala (@rssurjewala) April 11, 2017
Click to Read: Kulbhushan Jadhav's Friends Throng His Locked House, Say Govt Must Step in
As the news of the sentencing of Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav to death by a Pakistan military court surfaced, people flocked to his family's apartment in the city but found it to be locked.
Sushma Swaraj on Kulbhushan Jadhav's death sentence
Hindustan ke iss bete ko bachane ke liye acha vakeel khada karna toh bohot chhoti baat hai, hum President tak bhi baat karenge: EAM Swaraj— ANI (@ANI_news) April 11, 2017
21 Feb, 2019 | Afghanistan and Ireland in India IRE vs AFG 132/620.0 overs 136/519.2 oversAfghanistan beat Ireland by 5 wickets
20 Feb, 2019 | England in West Indies WI vs ENG 360/850.0 overs 364/448.4 oversEngland beat West Indies by 6 wickets
20 Feb, 2019 | Bangladesh in New Zealand NZ vs BAN 330/650.0 overs 242/1047.2 oversNew Zealand beat Bangladesh by 88 runs
17 Feb, 2019 | Quadrangular Series in Oman OMN vs SCO 111/1019.3 overs 115/315.3 oversScotland beat Oman by 7 wickets
17 Feb, 2019 | Quadrangular Series in Oman NED vs IRE 182/920.0 overs 183/920.0 oversIreland beat Netherlands by 1 wicket