Kulbhushan Jadhav Case: Lahore Lawyers Warn Against Defending Indian
The Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHCBA) has decided that they will cancel membership of any lawyer who will extend his support to Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, who has been sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court.
File photo of Kulbhushan Jadhav.
Lahore: The Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHCBA) on Friday decided that they will cancel membership of any lawyer who will extend his support to Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, who has been sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court.
"The LHBA has unanimously decided to cancel the membership of any lawyer who offers his services to Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav," Lahore High Court Bar Association Secretary-General Amer Saeed Raan said after a meeting of the bar.
He said the bar has asked the government not to bow to any foreign pressure in the case of Jadhav.
"India has declared Jadhav its son and is putting pressure on the Pakistani government for his release. We demand that the Indian spy who is involved in playing with lives of Pakistanis should not be spared and the government (should) ensure his hanging," he said.
Earlier, Pakistan's top military commanders under army chief Gen Qamar Bajwa made it clear that "no compromise" shall be made on such "anti-state acts".
The death sentence to Jadhav, 46, was confirmed by army chief Gen Bajwa after the Field General Court Martial found him guilty of "espionage and sabotage activities" in Pakistan.
India had acknowledged that Jadhav had served with the navy but denied that he has any connection with the government.
Recommended For You
- Avengers Endgame: Spider-Man Star Tom Holland Almost Confirmed Quantum Realm Theory with This Major Spoiler
- Update: Ponty Singh’s 19-Year Old Nephew Rams Bentley Bentayga Luxury SUV in Delhi, 1 Killed
- Government Can Approve Rs 5500 Crore Under FAME-II Scheme This Month to Boost Electric Vehicle Sales
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Her Most Revealing Gown From Designer Thierry Mugler's 98' Collection
- 'Who Released JeM Chief?' Sidhu Reminds BJP of Kandahar After Drawing Flak for Pulwama Comments
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s