Kuwait-Bound Man Held for Possessing Contraband Worth Rs 16 Lakh
The accused, who was supposed to board an Indigo Airlines flight, was taken into custody and handed to the local police for further action.
The contraband items seized from the accused.
New Delhi: The police on Sunday apprehended a Kuwait-bound man at Kerala's Kannur Airport after he was found in possession of contraband items, which included 400 gm of suspected hashish cream worth around Rs 16 lakh.
The accused, who was supposed to board an Indigo Airlines flight, was taken into custody and handed to the local police for further action. He was identified as Mujeeburahman.
The incident took place early on Sunday morning when the CISF surveillance and intelligence staff noticed the passenger roaming suspiciously in the checking area of the airport. He was then selected for thorough checking.
When the luggage was put through X-ray machines, two suspicious parcels were found inside his bag. The luggage was then referred for further physical search, which revealed two plastic containers filled with black colour cream, suspected to be hashish cream.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar And India's Spectrum Rules Aren't Friends, Just Yet
- A Scene from Joaquin Phoenix's 'Joker' Has Become the Internet's Most Referenced Meme
- Angry Customer Creates Hilarious 'Oyo Ruined My Anniversary' Website to Narrate Ordeal
- Watch: Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized