Kyrgyz President Gifts Traditional Hat, Coat to PM Modi
PM Modi held talks with the Kyrgyz President on Friday following the end of the SCO Summit where the two countries decided to raise their relationship to the level of 'strategic partnership'.
Kyrgyzstan President Sooronbay Jeenbekov and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Image: Twitter)
Bishkek: Kyrgyzstan President Sooronbay Jeenbekov has gifted a traditional Kyrgyz hat and a coat to Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his visit here for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit.
President Jeenbekov, who met Prime Minister Modi on Friday ahead of the SCO Council of Heads of State meeting, also presented him a 'Samovar', a traditional container to heat or boil water.
Prime Minister's Office shared pictures of Modi wearing the Kyrgyz hat and coat on Twitter.
"In Bishkek, President Jeenbekov presented PM @narendramodi a Kalpak, the traditional Kyrgyz hat, a Chapan, a traditional coat from Kyrgyzstan and a Samovar, a container to heat or boil water," it tweeted.
It said that Prime Minister Modi was "grateful" to President Jeenbekov for this gesture.
Modi was in Kyrgyz capital on Thursday and Friday to attend the SCO Summit, the first multilateral engagement post his re-election.
Prime Minister Modi and President Jeenbekov on Friday held one-on-one restricted meeting followed by a delegation-level talks during which the two sides discussed on stepping up their bilateral engagement to the next level and exploring new areas of cooperation.
Recommended For You
- Payal Rohatgi Files Complaint Against Ajaz Khan Over Derogatory Video
- Hima Das Wins Fifth Gold of the Month as She Returns to 400m Event
- Arbaaz Khan on Divorce from Malaika Arora: This Doesn't Mean We Will Hate Each Other
- Daughter Disowns Trophy-Hunting Dad Who Kissed Partner Beside Slain Lion
- Gabriella Demetriades Shares Adorable Pic of Arjun Rampal Holding Their Newborn Son, See Here