Kolkata Twin Murders: Labourer Sexually Abused Elderly Woman, Probe Reveals Chilling Details
While the woman's body was found near the staircase landing, her husband’s body was lying on the bed. The rooms were ransacked and cash worth Rs 50,000-70,000 was missing from the house.
Image for representation.
Kolkata: The postmortem report of the elderly couple murdered earlier in July in Kolkata’s Netaji Nagar has revealed chilling details of the crime. Sixty five-year-old Sapna and her husband Dilip Mukherjee, 75, were found murdered in their house on July 30.
The investigation has revealed that Sapna was sexually assaulted with a paint roller and strangulated her to death before raping her in front of her husband. The couple was murdered by a labourer, identified as Hamroz Alam, who had been called in to paint their two-storied house. The couple was living alone.
Alam later smothered the bed-ridden husband and fled with some valuables. He has been taken into police custody and has confessed to his crime.
While Sapna’s body was found near the staircase landing, her husband’s body was found on the bed. The rooms were ransacked and cash worth Rs 50,000-Rs 70,000 was missing from the house.
“Sapna was sexually assaulted before being murdered. We have arrested the prime accused and the investigation is underway,” confirmed Joint Commissioner of Police Murlidhar Sharma.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- MTV India Launches Petition for Biryani Emoticon, Desi Foodies Think it's About Time
- Smriti Irani Reveals What She and Bill Gates Have in Common in Hilarious Insta Post
- Kriti Kharbanda Confirms Dating Pulkit Samrat, Says Wanted Parents to Know First
- Mubi Wants You to Watch Critically Acclaimed Cinema at Rs 199 For Three Months
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet