Lalu Files Petition in HC for Bail in Three Fodder Scam Cases
In his petition, the former Bihar chief minister said he was 71 years of age and suffering from diabetes, blood pressure and other ailments.
File photo of RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav. (Reuters)
Ranchi: Jailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Tuesday filed a petition in the Jharkhand High Court for bail in three fodder scam cases on the ground of age and ailments.
In his petition, the former Bihar chief minister said he was 71 years of age and suffering from diabetes, blood pressure and other ailments. He said he had got bail in one of the four fodder scam cases, therefore bail be allowed in the rest of the cases.
Prasad was convicted in fodder scam cases pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of money from Deoghar, Dumka and Chaibasa. These were two cases and he secured bail in one.
Prasad, who has been jail since December last year, was currently under treatment at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Street Dancer 3D Movie Review: Varun Dhawan-Shraddha Kapoor Film Fails To Get us Grooving
- Aditya Roy Kapur Denies Link Up and Marriage Rumours with Model Diva Dhawan
- This Bihar School Runs for Only One Girl, Has Two Teachers and a Cook for Midday Meal
- Pullela Gopichand Admits Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Need to Buck Up, Not Worried About PV Sindhu
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme