Lalu Files Petition in HC for Bail in Three Fodder Scam Cases
In his petition, the former Bihar chief minister said he was 71 years of age and suffering from diabetes, blood pressure and other ailments.
File photo of RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav. (Reuters)
Ranchi: Jailed RJD chief Lalu Prasad Tuesday filed a petition in the Jharkhand High Court for bail in three fodder scam cases on the ground of age and ailments.
In his petition, the former Bihar chief minister said he was 71 years of age and suffering from diabetes, blood pressure and other ailments. He said he had got bail in one of the four fodder scam cases, therefore bail be allowed in the rest of the cases.
Prasad was convicted in fodder scam cases pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of money from Deoghar, Dumka and Chaibasa. These were two cases and he secured bail in one.
Prasad, who has been jail since December last year, was currently under treatment at the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Surveen Chawla Opens up on Facing Casting Couch, Says Directors Wanted to See Her Cleavage, Thighs
- NASA Reveals Mystery Behind Giant Black Spot Found on Jupiter
- Apple iPhone 11 Preorders Are Already Sold Out on Amazon And Flipkart
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It