Landlord, His Family Suspect Tenant of Theft, Beat Her to Death in South Delhi
Manju Goyal had complained of chest pain after the thrashing by Satish Pahwa, his wife, their son Pankaj and their maid Kamlesh.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: A landlord, his family and their domestic help have been arrested for allegedly beating to death their 44-year-old tenant, a widow, on suspicion that she stole cash from the residence in south Delhi's Mehrauli area, police said on Sunday.
Manju Goyal had complained of chest pain after the thrashing by Satish Pahwa, his wife, their son Pankaj and their maid Kamlesh, they said. The woman's brother Mahesh Jindal was informed about the alleged theft via a phone call from Pahwa on Saturday morning.
Goyal informed police about it and rushed to Pahwa's residence to check on his sister and found she was beaten up. He took her back to his residence, where the woman's condition deteriorated and she later succumbed to her injuries, police said.
"Her body has been sent to AIIMS mortuary for post-mortem," said Atul Kumar Thakur, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South).
Pahwa, 54, his wife, Pankaj, 29, and their domestic help have been arrested, Thakur said. The woman is survived by her two children, who were in Haryana at the time of the incident.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day