New Delhi: Security forces in Kashmir killed Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Abu Dujana in an encounter in Pulwama on Tuesday. Dujana, a Pakistan national, was the chief of Lashkar's operations in Kashmir. His death is being viewed as the one of the biggest success stories for security forces this year.
Here’s what you need to know about him:
- An Intelligence Bureau dossier on Dujana states that he joined the Lashkar-e-Taiba when he was 17.
- A resident of Gilgit-Baltistan, he operated out of the Pulwama region in South Kashmir.
- His planning and style of execution had impressed his bosses who appointed him as a deputy to Abu Qasim.
- Following the death of Abu Qasim, Dujana became the obvious choice to lead the outfit in Kashmir.
- His main target was the Indian Army.
- All his attacks were directed against the armed forces in Kashmir as he believed that it is they who were in the way of their so-called Kashmir struggle.
- His name featured in several attacks which also include the ones at Pampore and Udhampur.
- In fact he was the one who had planned the Udhampur attack in which two BSF personnel had died.
- When Mohammad Naved, one of the terrorists was caught alive, he confirmed to the police that the attack was masterminded by Dujana and Qasim.