Latur Tragedy: Nine workers Die After Inhaling Poisonous Gas in Maharashtra
Nine workers died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a tank at a factory in Maharashtra's Latur district.
Mumbai: Nine workers were killed after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a tank at a factory in Maharashtra's Latur district, fire department officials said.
— ANI (@ANI_news) January 31, 2017
Some workers fell unconscious while cleaning a tank at Kirti Oil Mills at Latur MIDC (Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation) on Monday night, they said.
A few others climbed down into the tank to check on them but did not come out. They all died after inhaling poisonous gas, the officials added.
A probe in the matter has been started.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Shares Heartfelt Post for 'Friend' Meghan As Suits Star Ties the Knot With Prince Harry
- Oprah, Clooneys, Beckhams, Among VIP Guests at Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's Royal Wedding
- How Congress Edged Past BJP in Karnataka
- Lenovo Z5 With 4TB Storage Will Let You Store a Whopping 1 Million Photos, 2000 HD Movies And More
- Get to Learn New Things Every Day in Mumbai Indians: Hardik