Less Than 1/3rd of Ministers' Assurances in Parliament Implemented
In the last two years of the Narendra Modi government, only one-third of assurances given by ministers in Parliament has been implemented, while almost one-fifth of these been dropped.
Parliament of India
New Delhi: In the last two years of the Narendra Modi government, only one-third of assurances given by ministers in Parliament has been implemented, while almost one-fifth of these been dropped.
According to official data, the ministers gave 1,877 assurances during two years -- 2015 and 2016, out of which only 552 were implemented.
While 392 assurances were dropped, the remaining 893 were still pending.
However, the ministry does not peruse individual assurances.
While forwarding the extracts of each assurance, the ministry informs that the assurance is required to be fulfilled within a period of three months from the date of assurance and the time limit has to be strictly adhered to.
The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs also holds meeting with officers of various ministries or departments from time to time to review the pendency position of the assurances with a view to expediting their implementation.
Besides it, there is also a 15-member Parliamentary Standing Committee on Lok Sabha on government assurances.
This parliamentary panel looks into the assurances which have not been fulfilled. It also calls the officials of the ministries to appear before it for the same.
Recommended For You
- 'World's Oldest Person' Dies In Japan At 117 Years Of Age
- IPL 2018: Rohit Sharma Looks to Re-write Records Against Rajasthan
- Cyber Terrorism: Teen Gets Two Years Jail For Accessing CIA Head's Email Account
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo
- Photos From Milind Soman, Ankita Konwar's Mehendi Ceremony Will Make You Want To Attend One