LG Anil Baijal Visits Violence-hit Northeast Delhi, Takes Stock of Situation
Baijal visited Maujpur, Jaffrabad and Gokulpuri, an official said. This is the first visit of the Lt governor to the riot-hit areas after violence broke out on Monday.
Delhi Lt Governor Anil Baijal (R) interacts with locals during inspection following clashes over the amended citizenship law, in Maujpur Chowk of Northeast Delhi, Friday, February 28, 2020. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Friday visited riot-affected areas in northeast Delhi to take stock of the situation and interacted with locals.
Baijal visited Maujpur, Jaffrabad and Gokulpuri, an official said. He was accompanied by senior police officers.
This is the first visit of the Lt governor to the riot-hit areas after violence broke out on Monday.
At least 39 have been killed and over 200 injured in communal clashes in northeast Delhi. The areas worst affected in the violence include Jaffrabad, Maujpur, Chand Bagh, Khureji Khas and Bhajanpura.
Earlier this week, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, his deputy Manish Sisodia and Environment Minister Gopal Rai had visited the violence-hit areas.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Angrezi Medium Starring Irrfan, Kareena Kapoor and Radhika Madan Re-released on Streaming Platform
- Nora Fatehi Started Working At Age Of 16, Says 'There Were Lot Of Financial Issues In My Family'
- Sara Ali Khan is an Epitome of Grace in This Throwback Dance Video
- Have You Bought a Coronavirus Insurance For Your Family? You Can Buy These Policies Online
- Is Hydroxychloroquine The Treatment For Coronavirus? Global Scramble For Tablets Suggests so