Light Rains Bring Respite From Sweltering Heat in Delhi, MeT Dept Forecasts Thunderstorm
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 41 degrees Celsius, and the relative humidity at 8.30 am was recorded at 54 per cent.
Vehicles move past the Indian Defence Ministry (L) and Home Ministry (R) buildings in New Delhi. (Image: REUTERS)
New Delhi: It was an overcast, breezy Sunday morning in Delhi with the minimum temperature settling at 28 degrees Celsius, normal for the season. The national capital also received light rains which brought people some respite from the raging heat.
The heat had lessened due to a trace rain reported in the last 24 hours, accompanied by a strong breeze in the morning, a Meteorological (MeT) department officer said.
The MeT department has forecast a generally cloudy sky, thunderstorm or dust storm and a very light rain later in the day. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 41 degrees Celsius. The relative humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 54 per cent, the official said.
On Saturday, Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 43.4 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 27.8 degrees Celsius.
Recommended For You
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Mandira Bedi Posts Stunning Beach Photo from Maldives, See Here
- Apple Releases iOS 12.4, WatchOS 5.3; Walkie-Talkie App Returns on Apple Watch
- Netizens Call out Harbhajan Singh on 'Bigoted' Tweet about Chandrayaan-2 Success
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More