Light Rains Bring Respite From Sweltering Heat in Delhi, MeT Dept Forecasts Thunderstorm
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 41 degrees Celsius, and the relative humidity at 8.30 am was recorded at 54 per cent.
Vehicles move past the Indian Defence Ministry (L) and Home Ministry (R) buildings in New Delhi. (Image: REUTERS)
New Delhi: It was an overcast, breezy Sunday morning in Delhi with the minimum temperature settling at 28 degrees Celsius, normal for the season. The national capital also received light rains which brought people some respite from the raging heat.
The heat had lessened due to a trace rain reported in the last 24 hours, accompanied by a strong breeze in the morning, a Meteorological (MeT) department officer said.
The MeT department has forecast a generally cloudy sky, thunderstorm or dust storm and a very light rain later in the day. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 41 degrees Celsius. The relative humidity recorded at 8.30 am was 54 per cent, the official said.
On Saturday, Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 43.4 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 27.8 degrees Celsius.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite Review: The Battle With The OnePlus 7T is Too Close to Call
- Asim Riaz, Suhana Khan to Star in Student of the Year 3? Karan Johar Clarifies
- Nusrat Jahan, Dev, Jeet Gannguli, Arindam Sil Mourn Death of Veteran Bengali Actor Tapas Pal
- Watch: Chunks of Ice Dropped into Deep Holes Sound Like Laser Guns, Twitter Can't Get Enough
- As Airtel, Vodafone Bite the Bullet on AGR Payments, Brokerages Raise Red Flag