Live High-tension Wire Kills 2 School Students in Bihar's Chapra District
The school van came in contact with the live high-tension wire when the students were returning home.
Residents from the nearby village gathered at the accident spot minutes after the incident took place. (Photo: News18)
Chapra: Two school children were electrocuted and 11 others suffered burn injuries after a high-tension wire fell on a school van in Baniapur in Bihar's Chapra district on Wednesday.
The dead have been identified as Raunak Kumar and Aditi Kumari.
According to reports, the condition of another student is said to be critical while van driver Umesh Giri has sustained grave injuries. All the injured students have been admitted to the nearest Sadar hospital.
The van, which belongs to Mission of Pride School, came in contact with the live high-tension wire when the students were returning home.
Residents from the nearby village gathered at the accident spot minutes after the incident took place and helped in rescue operation.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Shilpa Shinde Says Dipika Kakar Copied Her During Her Bigg Boss Stint
- Gay Penguin Parents Who Tried to Hatch Stone Get Presented With Real Egg
- Hilarious 'Alag Alag' Memes from Ayushmann's 'Dream Girl' Trailer Bring Twitter Together
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead
- Ashes 2019: Ponting Advises Warner to Take Aggressive Route Against Broad