Local Train Derails in Mumbai, Services Affected
The train was halted after some women commuters drew station officials' attention to sparks and flames coming out a switch board in the ladies compartment.
Representative image. (Getty Images)
Mumbai: Suburban train services of the Central Railway (CR) were affected on Sunday evening after a coach of a Kalyan-CSMT local train derailed between Vidyavihar and Kurla stations, an official said.
Before the derailment, a short circuit was spotted in a ladies compartment around 7 pm when the train was approaching Vidyavihar on the slow track, he said.
After some women commuters drew station officials' attention to sparks and flames coming out a switch board in the ladies compartment, the train was halted.
After the problem was resolved, the train resumed its journey towards the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in south Mumbai, but one of its coaches derailed around 8.55 pm, the CR official said.
As a result, locals running on the slow track were shifted to the fast track, delaying several services, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Milky Way's 'Very Bright' Star Slowly Losing its Light over Recent Months is Puzzling Astronomers
- Bigg Boss 13 Winner Sidharth Shukla Thanks Shehnaaz Gill for His Journey Inside the House
- Amazon, Flipkart Challenge India's New Tax on Online Sellers
- Coronavirus Scare Has People Searching For Answers; Google Lists The Common Questions
- Sushma Swaraj: Fiesty Leader, Friendly Minister | Rare Interviews | Crux Files