Local Train Derails in Mumbai, Services Affected
The train was halted after some women commuters drew station officials' attention to sparks and flames coming out a switch board in the ladies compartment.
Representative image. (Getty Images)
Mumbai: Suburban train services of the Central Railway (CR) were affected on Sunday evening after a coach of a Kalyan-CSMT local train derailed between Vidyavihar and Kurla stations, an official said.
Before the derailment, a short circuit was spotted in a ladies compartment around 7 pm when the train was approaching Vidyavihar on the slow track, he said.
After some women commuters drew station officials' attention to sparks and flames coming out a switch board in the ladies compartment, the train was halted.
After the problem was resolved, the train resumed its journey towards the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in south Mumbai, but one of its coaches derailed around 8.55 pm, the CR official said.
As a result, locals running on the slow track were shifted to the fast track, delaying several services, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- ISL 2019-20: Bengaluru FC Begin Title Defence Against NorthEast United at Home
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it