Low Intensity Blast in Kalindi Express Near Kanpur, No Casualties Reported
A railway spokesperson said prima facie the explosion seemed to have been caused by crackers as the damage was not much.
Picture for Representation.
New Delhi: A low intensity blast took place on board the Kanpur-Bhiwani Kalindi Express near Kanpur on Wednesday, officials said.
The incident happened in the washroom of a general compartment of the train when it stopped at Barrajpur station around 7.10 pm, railway officials said.
The station is about 30 km from Kanpur.
A railway spokesperson said Anti-Terrorism Squad was at the spot and the cause of the blast was yet to be ascertained.
He said prima facie the explosion seemed to have been caused by crackers as the damage was not much. "The plywood sheet of the toilet is damaged," he added.
There was no casualty or injury in the incident, he said, adding that the train will depart after security clearances.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz