Low Intensity Blast in Kalindi Express Near Kanpur, No Casualties Reported
A railway spokesperson said prima facie the explosion seemed to have been caused by crackers as the damage was not much.
Picture for Representation.
New Delhi: A low intensity blast took place on board the Kanpur-Bhiwani Kalindi Express near Kanpur on Wednesday, officials said.
The incident happened in the washroom of a general compartment of the train when it stopped at Barrajpur station around 7.10 pm, railway officials said.
The station is about 30 km from Kanpur.
A railway spokesperson said Anti-Terrorism Squad was at the spot and the cause of the blast was yet to be ascertained.
He said prima facie the explosion seemed to have been caused by crackers as the damage was not much. "The plywood sheet of the toilet is damaged," he added.
There was no casualty or injury in the incident, he said, adding that the train will depart after security clearances.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Pro Kabaddi 2019 LIVE Score, U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers in Chennai: Haryana 23-17 Mumba
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead