Lt Gen Bakshi, P M Hariz Awarded Param Vishisht Seva Medal for Meritorious Service
Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi and Lt Gen PM Hariz, who were superseded by Gen Bipin Rawat in the race for Army chief, have been awarded Param Vishisht Seva Medal.
File photo of Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi.
New Delhi: Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi and Lt Gen P M Hariz, who were superseded by Gen Bipin Rawat in the race for Army chief, have been awarded Param Vishisht Seva Medal. PVSM is awarded to officers for their meritorious service.
Bakshi, who heads army's crucial Eastern Command that looks after the eastern border adjoining China and army anti-insurgency operation in the north east, and P M Hariz, Commander-in-chief of the Southern Command, were superseded by Rawat for army's top post.
Apart from Bakshi and Hariz, 18 officers of Lt Gen rank were awarded PVSM. This also comprises three retired officers.
Recommended For You
- AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship: Spotlight Again on Mary Kom as World's Best Descend to New Delhi
- DeepVeer Wedding: Visuals of Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh Post Ceremonies Go Viral
- In Conversation With Mahesh Rajoria – Head, Maruti Driving School on Aritra Introduction
- DeepVeer Ki Shaadi: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone are Married Now, See First Pics
- French Embassy Screens Delhi Journalist Mandakini Gahlot’s Documentary The Forgotten Army