Lucknow Municipal Corporation to Donate 4,500 Cows to Rearers
The cow rearers will have to provide an affidavit, and furnish details about the place the animals will be sheltered in.
Photo for representation.
Lucknow: The Lucknow Municipal Corporation will donate cows to the cow rearers following an instruction by the Uttar Pradesh government.
"The government has given a target to donate about 4,500 cows. Each person would be given four cows accordingly," Lucknow Municipal Commissioner Indramani Tripathi told IANS.
He said the cow rearers will have to provide an affidavit, and furnish details about the place the animals will be sheltered in.
"For this he can adopt cows from our cowshed. In lieu of this, he will be given Rs 900 every month to acquire the fodder."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Stray Dog Who Stole Salman Khan's Limelight at IIFA Awards 2019 Gets His Own Interview
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes