Lucknow Municipal Corporation to Donate 4,500 Cows to Rearers
The cow rearers will have to provide an affidavit, and furnish details about the place the animals will be sheltered in.
Photo for representation.
Lucknow: The Lucknow Municipal Corporation will donate cows to the cow rearers following an instruction by the Uttar Pradesh government.
"The government has given a target to donate about 4,500 cows. Each person would be given four cows accordingly," Lucknow Municipal Commissioner Indramani Tripathi told IANS.
He said the cow rearers will have to provide an affidavit, and furnish details about the place the animals will be sheltered in.
"For this he can adopt cows from our cowshed. In lieu of this, he will be given Rs 900 every month to acquire the fodder."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Lopez Feels 'Relaxed and Recharged' as She Shows Off Her Incredible Bikini Body
- Poonam Pandey in an Ugly Legal Battle with Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra, Case Reaches High Court
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Snapped with The Great Khali at Airport, See Pic
- Watch: RPF Officers Hailed for Saving Two Passengers on the Same Day in Odisha and Mumbai
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral