Madhya Pradesh Becomes First State With January to December Fiscal Year
Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to adopt a January to December fiscal year.
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan. (Image: Reuters)
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to adopt a January to December fiscal year.
The decision was made in a cabinet meeting led by chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently encouraged states to adopting this idea.
The meeting also decided that a picture of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay will be issued with all the government letter heads, banners and advertisements.
Following a proposal from Modi, the Centre is in consultation with the states to have a January to December financial year, doing away with the old tradition of financial year starting on April 1 and ending on March 31. The system was adopted around 150 years ago during British rule.
Mishra said that it was also decided in the meeting that functioning of all departments would be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
On the lines of Modi’s Chai Pe Charcha, Chouhan held the cabinet meeting with lunch. The secretariat had called up all the ministers on Monday evening, urging them to bring their home made food.
In accordance with plans to shift fiscal year, Centre had presented the annual budget on Feb 1 this year. Once the country switches to January to December financial year, it will align with fiscal years of several economies globally.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
- January to December fiscal year
- madhya pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Narendra Modi
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Says He is Ready For a Coffee Date with Sara Ali Khan, Asks Time and Place
- Streaming Now: Women in focus with Stree on Hotstar, Four More Shots Please on Amazon Prime
- Need to Focus on Alternative Fuels: Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
- 'Mahi Maar Raha Hai': Twitter Hails Dhoni as India Register Historic ODI Series Win in Australia
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s