Madras HC Asks Tamil Nadu Police To Check Merit of Complaint Against Kamal Haasan Before Taking Action
The complaint was filed by activist Devarajan after Haasan reportedly asked his fans to not distribute the Nilavembu concoction, an herbal concoction being promoted by the state government as a way to control the dengue outbreak, till doubts over its veracity were clarified.
File photo of actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Wednesday directed the Tamil Nadu Police to register an FIR against Kamal Haasan only if they see any merit in the complaint filed against him.
The complaint was filed by activist Devarajan after Haasan reportedly asked his fans to not distribute the nilavembu concoction, an herbal concoction being promoted by the state government as a way to control the dengue outbreak, till doubts over its veracity were clarified.
Haasan had had issued the appeal on Twitter, saying, "Till proper research results come, let us not distribute nilavembu concoction. Let other works continue."
Following the statement, the State health minister hit back, saying that action will be taken against those spreading rumours about the Nilavembu concoction. Haasan later issued a statement clarifying that his statement was taken out of context. He said that he only made a suggestion and was not against the Nilavembu concoction.
“There is no justification at all in some people spreading falsehood that I am against Nilavembu”, Haasan’s statement added.
Meanwhile, the Chennai city police has given the actor a clean chit, deciding to not to register case against him.
Recommended For You
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Here's Why Indian Fans are Rooting for Pakistan to Beat New Zealand in World Cup Match
- Now Pay a Fine of Rs 10,000 for not Letting Ambulance Pass, Drink & Drive as Per Updated Motor Bill
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- 'Crowilla': Crow or Gorilla? This Absurd Video of a Bird is Leaving Netizens Completely Baffled
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s