Madras HC Orders the Arrest of Man Claiming to Be Jayalalithaa's Son
The Madras High Court on Monday ordered police to arrest a man for ‘fraudulently’ claiming to be the son of the late Tamil Nadu chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
File photo of the late J Jayalalithaa. (PTI)
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday ordered police to arrest a man for ‘fraudulently’ claiming to be the son of the late Tamil Nadu chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
A bench of Justice R Mahadevan directed the police to arrest J. Krishnamurthy, who claimed himself as the son of actor Shoban Babu and Jayalalithaa.
“He has not only cheated the court but also prepared forged documents,” the court said and asked the police to take appropriate action against him in accordance with law.
Krishnamurthy had earlier approached the court with document including a deed of adoption, to legally declare him Jayalalithaa’s son so he could then be entitled to claim her properties.
After a closer examination, the court found his documents false and forged. On Friday, the court had observed that the documents were false, pulling up Krishnamurthy for wasting the court’s time.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is Stable and Getting Better, Don’t react to Rumours: Spokesperson
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan
- Tired of Toxic Sanitary Napkins, Coimbatore Teen is Making Her Own Eco-Friendly Cotton Pads
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?
- Move Over Chrome, Brave May Just be The Coolest Privacy Focused Browser You Need