Madurai District Administration Ready to Hold Jallikattu at Alanganallur, Say Officials
With the Centre clearing a draft ordinance to allow jallikattu, the Madurai district administration on Saturday said it is fully prepared to hold the bull-taming sport at Alanganallur.
Image for representation.
Madurai: With the Centre clearing a draft ordinance to allow jallikattu, the Madurai district administration on Saturday said it is fully prepared to hold the bull-taming sport at Alanganallur, near Madurai.
Alanganallur is famous for conducting jallikattu events. District Collector K Veera Raghava Rao said everything is ready and they are waiting for the green signal from the government.
Officials said with the Collector inspecting the venue, the sport is likely to be held in a day or two.
The Centre had last night cleared an ordinance on jallikattu, paving the way for the Tamil Nadu government to promulgate it in an effort to end the protests that have paralysed the state for the last five days.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- 'Wanna Friendship?' and 'Go Make Sandwiches': What is it Like to be an Indian Female PUBG Player
- Twitter Reacts to Sri Lanka's Thrilling Durban Victory
- Tamil Nadu Woman Becomes First Indian To Get 'No Caste, No Religion' Certificate After 9-Year-Long Battle
- AddArmor Escalade Bulletproof Vehicle Can Withstand AK-47 Bullets - Watch Video
- Zarina Wahab to Play Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Mother in His Biopic, Barkha Bisht to Play His Wife
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s