Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Pandurang Fundkar Dies After Brief Illness
Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Pandurang Fundkar was senior BJP leader, a three-term MP and a former president of the Maharashtra party unit.
Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Pandurang Fundkar Dies. (source: Twitter)
Mumbai: Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Pandurang Fundkar died here on Thursday after a brief illness, an official said. He was 67.
The senior BJP leader was a three-term MP and a former president of the Maharashtra party unit. The legislator first became an MLA in 1978.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis condoled Fundkar's demise, and recalled his late cabinet colleague's contribution to the party and farmers' development.
State BJP chief Raosaheb Danve said Fundkar was a farmers' leader and did justice to the portfolio he held, after being inducted in the Fadnavis ministry in July 2016.
The BJP announced that it won’t be celebrating the victory in Palghar Lok Sabha bypoll in view of the minister’s demise.
Recommended For You
- Ashwin Captures Broad's Euphoric Reaction During Last Over
- Realme X Launched in India Alongside Realme 3i: Price, Features, and More
- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Thinks it's Silly to Criticise Game of Thrones Creators Over Show's Ending
- Gauri Khan and Son AbRam Visit Bandra's Mount Mary Church for Sunday Mass
- World Cup Final | Brutal for Kiwis to be Called Vanquished Without Being Beaten…Twice