Maharashtra Cop Accidentally Shoots Self While Cleaning Service Rifle, Dies
Sanjeev Shettiwar, a member of Sironcha police's quick response team, was cleaning his rifle loaded with bullets around 7:30 am at his residence when he accidentally pressed the trigger.
Nagpur: A 30-year-old police constable was killed on Tuesday when he accidentally shot himself with his service weapon in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district, an official said.
Sanjeev Shettiwar, a member of Sironcha police's quick response team, was cleaning his rifle loaded with bullets around 7.30 am at his residence, located about 200 km from here, when he accidentally pressed the trigger, a police spokesperson said.
On hearing the gun shot, the other family members rushed to the spot and found him lying in a pool of blood with a bullet wound on his head, he said.
They took Shettiwar to a hospital where doctors declared him dead, the official said.
A case was registered in connection with the incident, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Parineeti Chopra Looks Dishevelled And Bloodied in 'The Girl On The Train' First Look
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy