Maharashtra Couple Booked for Hiding Thailand Trip, Placed in Quarantine, Tested for COVID-19
A survey team from the district administration on Friday tracked down the couple, who had failed to inform the authorities about their recent trip to Bangkok and Pattaya in Thailand
People wearing masks walk outside a special ward for possible COVID-19 patients at a hospital in Mumbai. (AP Photo)
Aurangabad: A case was registered against a couple in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district after they allegedly failed to inform the authorities about their trip to Thailand, police said on Saturday.
People with history of travel abroad have been advised to remain under mandatory quarantine due to possible exposure to coronavirus, irrespective of whether they show any symptoms of the infection.
A survey team from the district administration on Friday tracked down the couple, who had failed to inform the authorities about their recent trip to Bangkok and Pattaya in Thailand, an official from Amalner police station said. "The couple, who live in Gajanan Nagar area of Amalner, had recently visited Thailand. When the team questioned them about their travels, the duo said they had only been to their son's place in Pune," he said.
However, further investigations revealed that they had travelled to Thailand, he said, adding that the couple has been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and Epidemic Diseases Control Act, 1897.
The duo has been quarantined and their swab samples have been sent for testing, he said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan's Nephew Abdullah Khan Passes Away, Actor Remembers Him In Emotional Instagram Post
- Astronauts Can Use Their Own Urine to Build Bases on the Moon
- 'A War-Zone': Mumbai Nurse Recalls First Day at Hospital Treating Coronavirus Patients
- Lionel Messi Announces FC Barcelona Players Taking 70 Per Cent Cut on Salaries Amid Coronavirus
- SAI Hands Over JLN Stadium to Delhi Government for Use as Quarantine Facility Amid Coronavirus