Maharashtra Factory Worker Dies after Fire Extinguisher Nozzle Blows off, Pierces Chest
The incident took place at noon when the man was filling gas in the extinguisher in Udekar India Fire Services company, police said.
Fire extinguisher. (Reuters)
Thane: A factory worker was killed on Friday in Badlapur in Maharashtra's Thane district after the nozzle of a fire extinguisher blew off and pierced his chest, police said.
The incident took place at noon when the man was filling gas in the extinguisher in Udekar India Fire Services company situated in Vadavali Naka on Ambernath-Badlapur Road, Badlapur fire station officer Ramesh Patil told PTI.
"He was filling dry chemical powder (DCP) when the nozzle blew off and pierced his chest. He was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. We have registered a case under section 304 of IPC," he informed.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Shares Taimur's Drawing During Quarantine, Calls Him in-House Picasso
- Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive for Fourth Time, Leaves Family Concerned
- Alia Bhatt Shows Off Pet Photography Skills with Pics of Her Cat and Ranbir Kapoor's Dogs
- Chennai Cop Wears 'Coronavirus Helmet' to Urge Indians to Stay at Home During Lockdown
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Circus' to Return to Doordarshan After Ramayana and Mahabharat