Maharashtra Journalist Commits Suicide by Hanging Himself, Note Recovered
The journalist, Sundar Vilas Latpate, was found hanging at his house in Pundalik Nagar around noon.
Mumbai: A 56-year-old senior journalist allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself at his residence at Aurangabad in Maharashtra on Sunday, police said.
The journalist, Sundar Vilas Latpate, was found hanging at his house in Pundalik Nagar around noon, an official said.
He was rushed to a local hospital, but was declared dead before admission, he said.
Police recovered a suicide note purportedly written by Latpate, which said he was ending his life as his wife was not staying with him, the official said.
A case of accidental death has been registered and a probe is underway, he said
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge