Maharashtra Man Accidentally Shoots at Friend While Showing Off Gun, Arrested
A 20-year-old man was injured when his friend accidentally shot at him from a country-made revolver here in Maharashtra.
Image for representation.
Thane, Maharashtra: A 20-year-old man was injured when his friend accidentally shot at him from a country-made revolver here in Maharashtra, police said Wednesday.
The group of friends were chatting on the roadside at Kisan Nagar locality in Wagle Estate area on Tuesday night when one of them took out his revolver to show it to them, senior
police inspector S M Patil said.
While the man was showing the gun, he allegedly pulled the trigger accidentally and shot his friend Vijay Yadav in the stomach, the official said.
Yadav was immediately rushed to a private hospital where he was undergoing treatment, Patil said.
An arrest was made of a person whose identity the police did not reveal, under IPC section 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and provisions of the Maharashtra Police Act.
An ongoing police probe in the matter, is also trying to ascertain how the man got the weapon and whether he had a valid licence for it, the official said.
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Yuvraj Singh Expects Either India or England to Lift World Cup
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Malaika Arora Strikes a Never-seen-before Pilates Pose, Fans Ask How it is Done
- All Your Favourite Marvel Superhero Quotes Are on This Fan-made Website
- Ola Cab Driver's Gesture after a Passenger Lost his Wallet in the Cab is Heartwarming
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s