Maharashtra Man Kills Self; Kin Claim He did it for Matang Quota
The man's body had been fished out and a bag containing his mobile phone, Aadhaar card and other documents was recovered from the spot, a police official said.
Mumbai: A 35-year-old man allegedly committed suicide on Tuesday in Maharashtra's Beed district and his kin claimed he took the step as he wanted reservation for the Matang community, police said.
Sanjay Dnyanoba Taktode, a resident of Salegoan in Kaij, over 380 kilometres from here, allegedly jumped into a pond near the Bindusara river, an official said.
His body had been fished out and a bag containing his mobile phone, Aadhaar card and other documents was recovered from the spot, the official informed.
According to Taktode's relatives, the deceased had demanded quota for the Matang community, to which he belongs, and had written about it on Whatsapp and Facebook and also made a video clip before allegedly committing suicide, the official said.
The official said an accidental death report had been taken and further probe was on to ascertain why he took this step.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works