Maharashtra Man Marries Classmate Against Family's Wish, Stabbed to Death in Broad Daylight
Police suspect that it was a case of honour killing. The victim was taken to Beed Civil Hospital where he declared dead.
Image for representation only.
Beed: A 25-year-old man was stabbed to death outside a college in Beed city of Maharashtra. Police said he married a fellow student two months ago against the wishes of her family.
The deceased was identified as Sumit Shivajirao Waghmare who studied in the third year at Aditya Engineering College here. Two men confronted Sumit and his wife after they came out of the college on Wednesday after appearing for an exam and stabbed Sumit before running away, police said.
Sumit was brought to the Beed Civil Hospital where he declared dead, police said. Police suspect that it was a case of honour killing. Further probe is on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphone Series Crosses 100 Million Shipment Milestone
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works