Maharashtra Man Throws Inflammable Liquid on Woman for Refusing to Withdraw Rape Complaint
The incident took place on Saturday night, when the accused spotted the victim in the locality and threw an inflammable liquid either petrol or diesel on her.
Image for representation only.
Thane: A woman suffered an injury to her eyes after a man allegedly threw an inflammable substance on her after she refused to withdraw a rape complaint against him at Mira Road in Maharashtra's Thane district, police said on Wednesday.
The police on Monday arrested the accused from Ahmedabad for allegedly throwing an inflammable substance on the married victim, who is in her mid 20s, senior inspector Sanjay Hajare of the Mira Road police station said.
The incident took place on Saturday night, when the accused spotted the victim in the locality and threw an inflammable liquid either petrol or diesel on her, he said.
The woman was rushed to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for an injury to her eyes, he added. Earlier, the victim had lodged a complaint of rape against the accused at Mira Road police station, the official said.
When the victim refused to withdraw the complaint against him, the accused attacked her, he added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra on Plans to Start Family With Nick Jonas: It's Something I Definitely Want to Do
- Keep Calm and Watch Ramayan: Memes and Nostalgia Breaking the Internet After Episode 1
- Top 5 Free Racing Games You Can Play at Home to Beat the Coronavirus Lockdown
- Fighting Fake News on COVID-19: What India’s Social Media Companies are Doing
- Supreme Court Allows Sale of 10 Per Cent Unsold BS-IV Stock for 10 Days Post Lockdown