Maharashtra Naxals Kill Gadchiroli Man on Suspicion of Him Being a Police Informer
The man, apparently a resident of Nainwadi in Bhamragad, was abducted from a marriage ceremony in nearby Mardhar village on Saturday by Maoists and his body was found Sunday morning.
Mumbai: A man has been killed by Naxals in Gadchiroli's Bhamragad area, over 900 kilometres from here, on suspicion that he was a police informer, an official said Sunday.
The man, apparently a resident of Nainwadi in Bhamragad, was abducted from a marriage ceremony in nearby Mardhar village on Saturday by Maoists and his body was found Sunday morning, the official added.
The deceased has not been identified as yet and a probe was underway into the incident, he said.
Gadchiroli's Kurkheda tehsil was the site of a deadly Naxal IED blast on May 1 in which 15 Quick Response Team personnel and a driver was killed.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Cardi B Once Drugged, Robbed Late Rapper Chinx Drugz
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football