Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » India
1-min read

Maharashtra: Two elderly men accused of sodomy seek anticipatory bail

Two elderly men accused of sodomising a 22-year-old man for seven years have sought anticipatory bail from a local court.

Press Trust Of India

Updated:July 9, 2015, 5:25 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Maharashtra: Two elderly men accused of sodomy seek anticipatory bail
Two elderly men accused of sodomising a 22-year-old man for seven years have sought anticipatory bail from a local court.
Loading...

Akola: Two elderly men accused of sodomising a 22-year-old man for seven years have sought anticipatory bail from a local court.

The accused, Niranjan Kumar Goenka (80) and Jugal Kishor Rungta (70), moved the district court on Wednesday seeking anticipatory bail. The plea would be heard by the court on July 15, their lawyer Munna Khan said.

The duo was allegedly sodomising the youngster for last seven years on the pretext of facilitating a confirmed job for him at an educational institute, where the victim was working on contractual basis, police had earlier said.

The two accused are former office-bearers of that institute.

The incident came to light on Monday when the victim, hailing from nearby Bhaurad village, showed video clips of the alleged act at a press conference in Akola.

Meanwhile, Civil Lines police station inspector Subhash Makode said that the purported video clippings of the alleged act will be examined by a forensic laboratory.

In another development, the victim on Wednesday filed a complaint alleging that he was threatened with life by four masked persons, police said.

A case under sections 377 (unnatural offences) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of IPC was filed against the accused, he said. No arrests have been made in the matter so far.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results