Maharashtra Woman Sent to 5 Years in Jail for Sexually Abusing Her Students
The teacher was accused of sexually abusing students of a government-run school for hearing-and-speech impaired children in the district in 2013.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
Akola (Maharashtra): A court here on Wednesday sentenced a 50-year-old woman teacher of a school for the hearing-and-speech impaired to five years in jail for sexually abusing children.
Special Judge HK Bhalerao convicted the woman under relevant provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, including section 8 (sexual assault), prosecutor Anand Gode said.
She was sentenced to five years in jail, he said.
The teacher was accused of sexually abusing students of a government-run school for hearing-and-speech impaired children in the district
She was accused of making children massage her legs and touching them inappropriately, Gode said.
After some of the children told their parents about this, a complaint was registered at Khadan police station here.
The prosecution -- Rameshwar Railkar and Gode -- examined eight witnesses during the trial.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report