Maharashtra's Coronavirus Toll Reaches 4 After Dead Woman's Sample Tests Positive
The woman, who hailed from Navi Mumbai, had symptoms similar to the coronavirus infection. Thus, as a precautionary measure, her samples were taken and sent for testing.
Image for representation.
Mumbai: The test report of a woman who died on March 24 turned out positive for coronavirus on Thursday, taking the COVID-19 death toll in Maharashtra to four, a health official said.
The woman, who hailed from Navi Mumbai, had symptoms similar to the coronavirus infection. Thus, as a precautionary measure, her samples were taken and sent for testing, he said. "The test came out positive this morning. We are now taking the necessary precautions for her relatives as well," the official said.
With this, the number of COVID-19 deaths in the state has gone up to four, officials said.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- #PlayApartTogether: What is up WHO? Should we Play Video Games or Not Play Video Games?
- Microsoft 365 is Indicative of a New Direction Where Microsoft is All About Consumers
- Airtel Prepaid Users Get Extended Validity And Additional Talktime; 80 Million Users Benefit
- Lionel Messi Announces FC Barcelona Players Taking 70 Per Cent Cut on Salaries Amid Coronavirus
- SAI Hands Over JLN Stadium to Delhi Government for Use as Quarantine Facility Amid Coronavirus