Mahatma Gandhi's 150th Birth Anniversary: 3 Delhi Monuments to be Lit in Tricolour Today
To mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Delhi government's department of archaeology will illuminate Gol Gumbad, Bijri Khan and Paik tombs for a week, from 7 pm to 11 pm.
File photo of people paying homage to Mahatma Gandhi.
New Delhi: Three monuments in the national capital will be illuminated on Tuesday with colours of the national flag to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The monuments — Gol Gumbad, Bijri Khan and Paik tombs — will be illuminated for seven days from Gandhi Jayanti, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said.
"Through community engagement and cultural interventions, we want to highlight the amazing layers of Delhi's history and keep alive its composite culture," he said.
The Delhi government's department of archaeology will illuminate the monuments, for a week, from 7 pm to 11 pm, a government statement said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lilly Singh Hosting 'The Late Night Show' is the Desi Representation We've Been Waiting For
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works